Friday, May 21, 2004

Good Cigars

I've told you before about Cuban Crafter's cigars, and in particular the Knuckles (which I still drool over.) Unfortunately, when I went to order more of those Knuckles, they were out. Completely out. (I hope I had something to do with that, even if it means no more ungodly good cigars for me)

So I started wandering around the Cuban Crafter's website, because I still needed some good cigars. I like the short, fat cigars for a number of reasons, so I was hunting for a little while, searching for a cigar that would fit my tastes AND my budget.

And I found these. Cupido Criollo Corto Cigars. Hmmmm..... Four and a half inches long, ring gauge of 56, that qualifies as short and fat. Price? On special for $39.00 for a box of 25. HOT DAMN, let's give it a go!

So I ordered them, and waited. And they came in this week. Open the box, transfer to my makeshift humidor. (My actual humidor either didn't survive being used as an odd-n-ends box, or it just wasn't a good humidor to begin with. Probably the latter) Pulled one out a few days ago, and with a little trepidation, (because it was pretty much unknown) lit it up.

It isn't as good as a Knuckle, but it's running a damn close second. The folks at Cuban Crafters were nice enough to send a few samples along with the order, and I enjoyed a Don Kiki Green Label yesterday as I was walking the dog. I can honestly say that I have never gotten a bad cigar from this company. And something that I think is cool as all hell is the Salute to Arms, cigars with the different military branch crests on the cigar bands. Got a cigar smoking buddy in the Marine Corps? Send him a few cigars wrapped with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, take your pick. You can get a pack of five, or a box of twenty-five. And they're damn good cigars, not some cheap crap with a gimmick.

For those who are wondering, no, I'm not getting paid by Cuban Crafters. I just think that this company goes above and beyond with their service and product, and I try to reward companies that treat me as well as this one has. It's part of the joy of capitalism. I can avoid companies that have treated me like crap, and reward those who treat me well. Cuban Crafters has treated me exceptionally well, and so I'd like to send as much business their way as I possibly can.

If you like good cigars, go pay them a visit.

1 comment:

Manny32 said...

Hey Dave,
Have you tried the www.GothamCigars.com house blend?
https://www.gothamcigars.com/gotham-house-blend/
Be happy to send you a sample for you to review.
All the best!