Thursday, May 20, 2004

ATTENTION BLOGGERS!

As many of you might know, this blog is part of the Watcher of Weasel's council. Ya know, that little blogroll on the sidebar that says "Watcher's Council"? Yeah, that's it. Great writing from top to bottom. We submit one post a week from our respective blogs, and then we each pick a post from other blogs that we think deserve more exposure, or because it just blew us away, or because they're paying us under the table. At least, I think that last reason is valid, I don't know. I haven't gotten paid by anyone to nominate a link, although there are quite a few blogs I've nominated from. Anyways, the council gets together and votes on which posts they think are best. There's two reasons I bring this up. The first reason is because this weeks votes are in, and the winners are The Smarter Cop (from the Council) with A Splash Of Cold Water, and Iraq The Model with Not In My City. You can find all the results here. There is more good writing each and every week than I can shake a stick at.

Which brings us to the second reason I mention this. One of the council members is stepping down (after a rather brief stay, and we'll miss him). However, that leaves a spot on the Council open, and that means YOU can fill it if you think you're good enough! You can check out the rules regarding the council here, and then if you want to you can contact the Watcher and nominate yourself for the spot. I happen to think that there are quite a few blogs that could fit in quite nicely. Personally, I think that there are too many nice council members, and not enough spitting, scratching, drinking, swearing, shooting bastards like myself. So c'mon, let see what you got. Give the rules a glance, and if you think you can abide by them, drop the Watcher a line.

Hey, at the very least you'll get a bit more traffic. Plus, getting your writing out and noticed is always a good thing. Soooooo..... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

No comments: