Friday, October 31, 2003

**sigh**

Well, it looks like the wildly partisan pukes in Congress have once again held up a judicial nominee.

First Estrada dropped out, and who can blame him? He was literally HAMMERED from day one, and his life was suffering because of it. The Democrats used every vile, horrible tactic they had in order to stop Estrada's nomination. Now they'll do the same to Brown, Owens, and as indicated in the article above, Pickering.

What stuns me is that the man has the support of damn near everyone in his home state, including the NAACP, and yet the Donks call him "Extreme right wing" (meaning he actually follows the constitution), "divisive", and I've even heard "racist". It's bullshit. Flat out bullshit, and I hope to GOD that Bush weilds these blockades like a hammer when the election day comes.

In local news, Seattle is having record cold temps. But remember, global warming is going to kill us all, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I'm spending today with the girlfriend, and tomorrow I'm heading to the range with the g/f's son, and Analog Kid from Random Nuclear Strikes. It'll be a good day. Hopefully I'll have some targets from the 30-06. I haven't fired it yet, so this will be the sighting in session.

For those who want to know, it's a M1903A3, made in 1942. Oh yeah, baby!

No comments: