Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

There's been a lot of words spoken about September 11th, tons of pictures, and I'm betting you've seen them, read them, and don't need to be reminded.

So all I'm going to say about September 11th is one hopefully small paragraph.

When the planes hit the towers, my friend ended up waking me and the Ragin' Girlfriend (now the Ragin' Mrs.) with the news. We spent the rest of the day watching it on TV. I had been out of the Army for two years then, my obligation done, my turn at the wall over with. And yet, here I am again in uniform, the past three years of it on active duty. If September 11th had not happened, I would not have re-enlisted. But I'll be damned if my country calls and I don't answer.

I'm keeping this post non-political today. But you can expect a hellstorm tomorrow night. Yes, I am pissed.

No comments: