Thursday, April 06, 2023

I'd ask what the actual fuck is wrong with Nike, but I'm pretty sure we all know

 And now they're using a man to sell sports bras.

Nike Women decided to have Mulvaney, a biological male, as a spokesman for the company’s new activewear, including sports bras.

This is probably my biggest disappointment because it concerns products made for a biologically female body. Mulvaney had plastic surgery, but how do you expect me to believe your product will support me when I exercise when all I see is a man with small and fake breasts? Let’s have a biological male with extremely skinny legs and no butt model yoga leggings. It’s worse than having the skinniest female model advertise this stuff. At least she’s shaped like a female!

I haven't bought any Nike products for decades.  The last Nike shoe I purchased was the Pegasus Air and they discontinued those around 1996, so that gives you some idea.  They used to have good running shoes decades ago, but they went more to the flash and bullshit, cheap Chinesium crap and I moved on to better running shoes.

I'd still buy some shirts or what have you, but never their shoes.  And then the whole Kapernick thing happened.  Yeah, I might have miss-spelled his name.  I don't give a shit, that racist fucking piece of garbage.  After that I refused to touch any Nike products with a ten foot pole.

I have a feeling that more women are going to feel the way I do, than are going to be inspired to buy a sports bra being shilled by a over-the-top melodramatic gay man.

No comments: