Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Call to Help

****BUMPED, and updated****

As of yesterday, the Byrne's have raised almost two-thirds of what they need. According to folks who know, it's that last bit that's the hardest to raise. They're better off than they were last week, but they're not out of the woods yet. So I'm going to try to keep this post at the top just so folks know about it.


*******


One of the good guys on the 'net has been caught in a bit of difficulty. Short short version, he needs some cash. You can read the long version for yourself. Unfortunately I don't have much cash, so I'm auctioning off one of my cameras for him. If you're looking for a camera, or you know of someone who's looking for a camera, send them to this Ebay auction. It's a Mintolta X-700 35mm SLR camera. It comes with a Mintolta 50mm 1:2 lens, a Tamron f1:4.5/80-205mm zoom lens, and a Vivitar 3X Teleconverter. It's a good camera. I've taken some damn good pictures with it. Here's a few:

This picture was taken at Harvard University in Boston. It used the 50mm lens.


After I took this shot, I changed the lens to the zoom lens with the 3X teleconverter. I stood in the exact same place, and took this shot.


It's one of the gargoyles hanging off the cathedral. Take a look at the first picture. Those tiny little nubs coming off of the corners about halfway up? Yep. That's them.

It's a good camera. If it weren't for the fact that the Byrne's needed the money, I wouldn't be selling it.

Luckily I still have two other cameras. Anyways, spread the word. I'd like to get as much as possible for them.

No comments: