Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm back

Had a great time. Spent a lot of time walking around, hiking, smoking good cigars, drinking good hooch, fishing for crawdads (and boiling them for dinner!), eating more good food, drinking more good hooch, and enjoying a pine forest at 7000 feet.

Yeah. I enjoyed it.

Big pictures to follow. Sorry if you're on dial-up.

A view from the Rim. The Rim is a plateau that pretty much goes straight down, and it provides one hell of a view of northern Arizona. Fresh air, cool breeze, and cool weather. It was perfect for hiking.




And just to prove that I can do a close-up.....


I've always had a small fondness for thistles, for some reason. Perhaps it's because my horses used to like munching on them as I rode past a bunch. Perhaps it was the thistle honey. Or perhaps it's because they're prickly and hard to eradicate, much like many of my family.

Meh. Who knows. Maybe I'm just weird.

No comments: