Monday, September 11, 2006

Five years later

I haven't posted much today, because I've been up since 0500 ensuring that my unit's annual training goes smoothly. Another reason is because, quite honestly, I'm a little sickened by what I see in America today.

There are actually sick, twisted kooks who believe that September 11th was done by the US government, despite all the evidence to the contrary. The piles of evidence. The mountains. That's like standing outside a concentration camp and saying that the Holocaust didn't happen. And the Democrats are running one of these loons, these embarassments to humanity, for Senate.

There are people in America today who believe that George W. Bush is a bigger threat than terrorism. Indeed, they think that Bush is a terrorist, not Osama bin Laden.

Excuse me?

There are people in this country who actually believe that running away and hiding from terrorists, giving them whatever they want, will end terrorism. Like that worked for so well for three decades leading up to September 11th.

I cannot begin to accurately describe the kind of rank ignorance and stupidity it would take to believe any of the above. I really can't.

If it weren't for September 11th, I wouldn't be in uniform again. When I ETSed in 2000, I swore up and down that I would never again be part of the Armed Forces. Been there, did that, got the damn BDU shirt, and I'm done.

Yeah, right. Here I am once again with "U.S. Army" embroidered over my heart. And dammit, it's because I refuse to just sit around and wait to get hit. It's because I'm going to do more than deny, ignore and hide. I'm going to be a part of Operation Kill Terrorist Bastards, and I'm going to do my part to ensure that anyone who wants to kill my countrymen has to go through ME first. And I am very hard to kill. I[m doing it so that hopefully, sometime in the future, my step-son can go to work without worrying if he'll die in a bomb attack. I'm doing it so that people like Tim, and TVE, and Helen, and all the people who posted here can continue to do so without fear of being shut down by some Islamic Caliphate. I'm doing it so my family can live the way they want to.

I'm doing it so that people can sit at home and watch Fahrenheit 9-11 and drink beer and think "Damn, that George W. Bush is an idiot" while they scratch their shriveled nutsack and contemplate giving their hard three inches to the non-shaven wife.

But I'll tell you what. I'll lay down my life for my step-son, or my family. I'll lay down my life for all that which I hold dear. But more and more, it's becoming harder and harder to reconcile myself to the fact that I may have to lay down my life for someone who thinks that America is evil. In fact, I wouldn't lay my life down for Cindy Sheehan for all the money in America. Terrorists raping you and hacking off your head? Sorry 'bout that, Cindy. Hey, why don't you call Je$$e Jack$son and see if he can help you? I hear Al Sharpton is a real impressive negotiator, give him a call!

Luckily, when I go to war I won't be going to war for Cindy Sheehan. I'll be going to war for my family, and my step-son, and my Father who did his time before me in the jungles of Viet Nam, and my Grandfather, who fought the Japanese in the Pacific, and my Great-Grandfather who helped conquer the West in a U.S. Army cavalry uniform.

I'll be doing it for all of them.

In the meantime, I'm going to do my best to ensure that the idiots and brain-dead morons who want to tear down America continue to fail. I'm going to do my best to ensure that the Defeatocrats do not regain power. And I'm going to do my best to ensure that this country has the will to win a fight for our way of life and our very existence.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to clean my combat boots and drink a beer.

No comments: