Monday, December 05, 2022

I have a cheap sweatshirt I bought over a decade ago.

 Went to visit my brother in Boston.  Did the tourist thing back in 2010, and at some point stopped at a street vendor and picked up the sweatshirt.  I think it was 2 for $25 so I got one for me and one for the wife.

I still wear them to this day.  They're a little worn, but useable.  Not coming apart.

I bought a sweatshirt a couple of months ago.  Says "Army" on it and I wanted to rep my branch so I paid about $35 for a single sweatshirt.  The bottom edge of it is unraveling already.

I have no idea where my Boston sweatshirts were made.  Probably China, because two sweatshirts for twenty-five bucks was pretty damn cheap even in 2010.   But they're still doing strong while my brand new sweatshirt is already coming apart.  I'm going to do some hand-stitching on it to keep it alive for a while longer, but what the hell?

Anyone else dealing with crap like this?  I expect a $35 piece of clothing to last longer than a couple of months.

No comments: