Monday, March 29, 2021

Training wheels

 I want to take a couple day trip on my bike this summer.  The Mrs. wants to come with me.  So we found ourselves a ride yesterday, and went on it.  The Polar Bear Ride.  160 miles, roughly, with multiple stops for gas.  Due to time constraints, on the ride I have planned out for this summer the first day is about 670 miles.  That's a long time to be in the saddle if you're not used to it, and the Mrs. just isn't used to it.  So yesterday was a good way to gauge whether or not she'd be up to a long first day.

Apparently she is.  Or that's what she's saying.  We'll find another good ride for April and see what's what.

And I need to change the oil in my bike again.  We're getting on to about 10,000 miles, and that's in less than a year.  The last oil change was about...  hmmmm....  four thousand miles ago.  If I didn't use AmsOil, I'd be hurting.  But AmsOil gives me about five thousand miles between changes, although I tend to change it between 3 and 4k.  Also have to change out the final drive oil, since it's a shaft drive.  Get everything all nice and ready for the summer, because I'm going to be riding that bike for all it's worth.  Take care of your bike, and it will take care of you

No comments: