Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celtics win

I won't go on about how I'm not a Lakers fan, or how I'm not a Kobe Bryant fan. They played hard.

Well, Kobe played hard. The rest of the team looked as if they didn't care if they won or not. The Celtics, on the other hand, looked like they wanted the trophy so bad that if the Lakers had won it, the team would have committed seppaku.

But anyways, when I was watching the game last night, and Ray Allen came back from getting poked in the eye and started tossing down three-pointers like Ted Kennedy tosses down double shots of scotch, I turned to my buddy and said "You know, last year he was sitting in Seattle, looking at the train wreck the Sonics had become, and thinking 'I'm never getting a ring'. Now here he is on the verge of winning it all."

Same with Kevin Garnett. He was sitting in Minnesota, wondering if the Timberwolves were ever going to get some help for him, because otherwise he wasn't winning shit.

Paul Pierce thought he was going to get traded away from a team he'd spent ten years with, and never even got to the Finals.

When I heard about the trades last year, with Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett going to Boston, my first thought was "DAMMIT SEATTLE! YOU FUCKING RETARDS!" But the next thought was "Well, that's probably Ray's best shot at getting title." And they got it done. Allen and Garnett are two of the players I can look at and say "Yeah, they're good people." So it's nice to see them get what they've wanted for so long. So anyways, congratulations to Boston. My brother is probably happy as hell right now.

No comments: