Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sound and Fury

And suckers. In the P.T. Barnum meaning of the word. Most people know of my displeasure with modern music. You can do a lot with sound in a studio, and most bands do. I've heard a band or artist on the radio, and when I went to see them live they sucked. That's one of the reasons I got the KT Tunstall CD; she sounds as good live as she does on the radio. It's not just some studio geek making her sound good, she's actually talented.

But now I find out that music labels are even ruining the music that I do enjoy. You can go spend some time reading that post. It's an eye opener, to be sure. And you want to know what I find rather funny? As the quality of music goes even farther down the cesspool, the equipment people are buying gets more and more expensive. Seriously. I agree wholeheartedly with Steve H. and the Baron. Why in the hell are people spending thousands of dollars on equipment like that, especially when the quality they're trying to hear in the music no longer exists due to assholes who master the CD?

I've got more to say on this subject, but I need to collect my thoughts and write them down in a way that will make sense to everyone. But in the meantime, go read that first link. It's worth it.

No comments: