Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Oh dear lord....

So like I said yesterday, I don't have a degree. Maybe things like this are part of the reason I really don't relish going onto a college campus.

"I signed up for an English composition course but was dismayed to receive a level of political vitriol that I believe was strictly extracurricular," Cook said her in letter to the school.


The North Idaho College Sentinel reported that Kent Propst, vice president for
Community Relations, said, "At least one of the things she wants is tuition reimbursement for that course." But it wasn't known if Cook was seeking
sanctions against Bryan. Among the allegations: Bryan reported President George W. Bush won the election "because people … can't read," and, regarding the death penalty: "First we line up everyone who can't think and right behind them, anyone who's ever voted Republican."


"Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that anyone would take it seriously," Bryan, who doesn't deny making the statements, told the newspaper. "They were always said with a smile."


Oh, so advocating murder for anyone who's ever voted Republican is OK if it's "said with a smile"? Dear Lord, I can't believe this woman could ever teach. And this is from NORTH IDAHO COLLEGE! That's the community college in MY HOME TOWN!

This is the level of insanity that grips our academic institutions, folks. What do you think that college "professor" would make of me strolling into her classroom? Not only do I vote Republican quite often, but I'm a brainwashed, baby-killing Bushco-bot who's just waiting to snap and murder little brown children! Do you think for one minute that I would be welcome in that classroom? Hell no!

If this is what passes for "education" today, then count me out. I'm interested in actually learning things, not having to swallow the unhinged rants of a political hack masquerading as a college professor.

No comments: