Thursday, August 05, 2004

More Capitalism

Hey there, everybody! You might remember this post where I complained about the shortage of funds in the Raging Household. I thought I might clarify it a bit.

I'm not broke because of bad luck. I'm not broke because God doesn't love my anymore. I'm broke because I'm doing an assload of things all at one time.

I've got two weddings to go to this year, (there goes $$$$$$$ for plane tickets and travel expenses!) and it was MY decision to go. I've been slowing amassing gifts for family members (and when your dad lets slip his long-standing desire for a repeating rifle in 30-30, you DO NOT SKIMP ON QUALITY!) and so on and so forth. So I wanted to thank all of you who wrote or commented about tips jars and the like, but since I'm broke of my own voalition, I really don't want to take anyone else's money. My choices, my responsibilities.

Besides, it's so much more fun to earn it! Capitalism strikes again!

So, if ya wanna help out, here's what you do - You pick one of the two stickers below to be printed. They both mean the same thing, one is just a longer version. I'll get the winning sticker sent to the printers, where I'll wait for another month and a half, banging my head on my keyboard until they get here.

(great prices from that place, but the turnaround time sucks unless you buy thousands of stickers, which I don't). Anyways, here they are!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If you wish peace, prepare for War


And the slightly longer version: Qui Desiridat Pacem, Preperat Bellum - He who wishes for peace, let him prepare for war.


Any suggestions are also welcomed. These will be 8.5 inches by 1.38 inches, fairly long and thin. Let me know which one you like.

I love capitalism!

UPDATE: Bruce suggests an easier to read at a distance font. Bruce, I aim to please!

No comments: