Friday, June 18, 2004

A Damn Good Day

So the sunshine was out yesterday. In Seattle, this is a rare thing, so I set my keyboard aside and went to do some yard work. While cutting grass (well, weedwhacking the crap), I noticed that the fruit on the cherry tree was ripe or almost there. BONUS! Picked some cherries, the last of the strawberries, put 'em in the fridge and finished the yard work.

After the girlfriend got home, we headed across the water to her brother's boat. Brought the cherries. Steaks for dinner. On a whim, they tossed the crab pot out. Pulled up six Dungeoness crab, three of which were keepers. (The others were either too small or their shell was too soft). So we all got fresh crab with our steaks. BONUS! This is turning out to be a damn good day!

And the best news of all? While we were on the dock, the girlfriend gets a call on her cell phone. She answers it, and I hear her say "Yes it is. Yes I am. Who am I speaking to?.....

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!"

Hodge is back from Baghdad, and should be on my doorstep in about five hours or so! HOT DAMN, this is a good day! And the sun is shining again. So you know the deal. I'll be back to check my email or post anything spectacular, but other than that, I'm going to be outside. Beside, I can't properly rage when I'm in this good of a mood. I'll see you all later.

No comments: