Monday, December 08, 2003

I hate being sick

I'm so tired and drained that all I can do is stare straight ahead and drool, but I'm in too much pain and discomfort to sleep. I need someone to just hit me over the head with a baseball bat and put me out of my misery. Knock me out for a few days until my body makes up it's mind. Gah. Sinus headaches, congestion, coughing, wheezing, all of it. This isn't the flu, it's the cold from hell.

Anyways, I digress. Kim du Toit says he's taking a break, and spending time with the kids and the missus. More power to him. However, in my opinion, he's going to see something that pisses him off so badly that he either has to blog, or explode. I say there's a 50/50 chance he'll blog again before the New Year. And if one of the Clinton's openes their pie-hole and spews out some rediculous crap or another, it goes up to 70/30.

Jim of Smoke on the Water explains just why he lives on a boat.

I’d developed at a very early age, the philosophy that a any home is a home base. A place from which to go forth, to explore life. Instead, a house comes to own it’s erstwhile “owners”. Hah. The ball and chain so often depicted on cartoons of prisoners has nothing on a suburban home’s hold on it’s occupants. Honeydo lists are so often the subjects of mirthful comics. And they’re almost always about “what the house needs”.

All the while, there’s a WORLD out there, and it doesn’t care about your mortgage, your gutters, your siding or your yard.


I agree. Some people so busy trying to live that they never truly experience life. One of the reasons that I'm dating the girlfriend today is that as I explained all the things that I want to do in life, she stopped me and said "Well, why don't you do that?" Thus, I have my motorcycle. It took a kick in the pants from her to get it, but I haven't regretted it one bit.

There are several sites that advocate the possession and use of firearms. I reference Kim du Toit often, because he's one of the more well known people. But there are two other sites that I read just as often, who are tireless defenders of the 2nd Amendment. The Smallest Minority, and Publicola. Both of them have some wonderful essays today. Well worth the time to go check them out.

I might post more today, if I can convince my body that it's not dead. Hopefully I'll see you later.

No comments: