Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Memorials

I ended up flying on September 11th. So that explains why I didn't post at all. One of the nice things about the flight was that when we landed in Phoenix, the flight attendant asked everyone to remain seated until the soldiers on the flight could collect their baggage and disembark to meet their families. And as the soldiers were leaving, the plane applauded.

Since I was in civilians, I sat there and clapped with the rest of them. It was nice to see them get recognized.

The irritating part of the trip was on the way to the in-law's house, there were several people on a couple of interstate overpasses with "9-11 Truth Now!" signs. The brother in law gave them the proper one-fingered salute as we drove past. Just how delusional do you have to be to think that September 11th was a government hit job?

Don't answer that. I don't want to be reminded that I live in a country were a big slice of the population is certifiably insane.

No comments: