Thursday, February 19, 2004



This time from Random Nuclear Strikes.

I have a question for you. Let's say that you and I lived in a small town in Idaho. Population 250 or around there. All the sudden we decided that we're going to buy lots and lots of automatic weapons. Chain guns, Vulcan cannons, howitzers, you name it and we're buying it. What's more, we'll allow anyone who comes to our town the right to buy said weapons. No restrictions, no taxing it, just come on down and pick up your MK-19!

Oh, and when the Government asked what in the Sam Hell we thought we were doing, we told them that we were just advancing our interpretation of the Constitution.

You think we would be able to continue? No, of course not. We'd get stepped on quicker than you can blink.

But gee, I guess gay couples in San Francisco can "advance their interpretation of the state constitution" all they want to, can't they? Screw the law, screw Prop. 22, they'll do whatever they want, right?

The rule of law is what makes this country function. Once you start abandoning that, you set yourself up for the whole entire creation to come to a halt. Because if this is allowed to continue, if the rules can be discarded for a small section of the population whenever they feel like it, other people will do the same thing. I'll have my guns. Lots of them. I'll have a 155 sitting in my damn driveway, with the barrel pointing at anyone who comes near the house in an official looking vehicle. Because gee, I'm just "advancing my interpretation of the constitution"!

Let me make this very clear: If this is allowed to stand, if this is allowed to go through... The gay marriage group has just lost me as any kind of an ally. I have said it before, and I'll say it again: If you want to change the law regarding marriage, then CHANGE THE DAMN LAW! But DO NOT force some unelected body of elitist judges to force THEIR interpretation of what life should be down MY throat!

If you want to trample all over the rule of law, I will fight against you as hard as I possibly can. I don't care why you're doing it, and I don't care who you are. You will not break apart the rules that we as a country live by just to satisfy a miniscule portion of the population. Do it right, or don't do it at all.

No comments: