Monday, May 15, 2023

Fuck your consensus.

 



Sometime back around 2008, I had a very stupid woman try to tell me that climate change was settled science.  I pointed out that science is not settled, that's not how it works.  She replied with "WE HAVE A CONSENSUS!"

What I said next to her was an amalgamation of various insults and questions about her sanity, intelligence and family breeding.

In between questioning her intelligence and her breeding, I pointed out that there have been warmer times on this earth, and there have been colder times.  And not just way back in the age of the dinosaurs, these warmer and colder times have occurred within written history.  So if it's been warmer hundreds of years ago, and it's been colder hundreds of years ago, was it the SUVs or the coal-fired power plants responsible for that?

She vapor locked, because I had questioned her religious cult and didn't back down from her bullshit.  So she sputtered some shit about how I'm a "denier" or some other stupid shit, and tried to call me dumb.  At which point I said that the person who wasn't even aware of the Little Ice Age or the Medieval Warm Period shouldn't be insulting ANYONE'S intelligence until they actually learned a few things, so she should shut her whore mouth around her betters.

Yeah.  I mean, my name is "Ragin' Dave" for a reason, right?  I was a bit more intemperate in my youth.

2 comments:

Drumwaster said...

It's fascinating how the invention of the thermometer coincides with the Tail End of the Little Ice Age, which is why these consensus scientists seem to think the coldest weather in the past ten millennia was the "ideal" temperature for the whole planet, and everything that might be linked to that increase, up to and including the eating of meat (because it has to be cooked, which means more heat dumped into the atmosphere, of course, not to mention the cow flatulence), is now and forevermore the fault of the virus that is Man. Never mind that fifty years ago, these VERY SAME CLIMATE "SCIENTISTS" were threatening a new Ice Age, and one jackass had managed to convince some folks that we should sprinkle coal dust on the polar ice caps to capture more heat.

The one common thread in all of their "solutions"? New government programs, meaning more money for pear-shaped chair-warmers with blue haired assistants, to tell everyone how they are allowed to live and what they are allowed to eat. Because that will show everyone how much they CARE.

George Mckay said...

I don't suffer fools well either Dave and often get myself into trouble. Calling out one of these idjits is an exercise in futility. They will not listen to reason and continue to spout the party line.

I don't know the solution short term. Education is the long term one but, that might be too little too late. THAT is the real crime.