Wednesday, January 04, 2023

McCarthy and the Speaker vote

 Dude has pissed off a few folks, eh?

There's a part of me that understands this is damaging to the GOP, but after what Mitch the DNC's Bitch did with the spending bill, I'd say the GOP is damaged goods anyway.  And there are people who now look at the GOP establishment and say "Fuck it, I'm done with you".  McCarthy is pure establishment.  

I don't have a problem with some members telling McCarthy to fuck off, but what's the plan?  Who do they want?  One name I heard, Jim Jordan, isn't running for Speaker and doesn't want the job.  So if you're not going to allow McCarthy in, who's the guy or gal you want?  Who do you have that can get the votes?  They haven't been able to answer that, which tells me that this is more about plain opposition to McCarthy than it is about strategy.  And that just doesn't fly in the real world.  That's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Anyways, we'll see what happens today!

1 comment:

George Mckay said...

I saw Byron Donalds being grilled and he was asked if he feared retribution for being nominated. He told the shitstains "I am 6 foot 7 and 235 pounds, I am not worried".

I am glad to see there are at least 20 PATRIOTS left in the house. The rest are ass-kissers and acolytes.