Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

 I have quite a bit to be thankful for, even if sometimes I can't see it at the moment.  I've got a few things to do today - smoking fifteen pounds of Andouille, drinking large amounts of coffee, taking the dogs to the dog park, you know, IMPORTANT stuff.

Tomorrow is smoking chicken leg quarters and soup bones.  Oh yeah.  Once the bones are smoked, I'll boil the ever-loving crap out of them until I get all the flavor out, then can the broth.  Use that in soups and stews.  Hell, I use it to make rice instead of plain, boring water.  The chicken will be frozen and saved for gumbo.

Going to the American Legion for dinner.  They're serving it, so I might as well show my appreciation.  Toss a few bucks into their jar.

Go, have fun with your friends and family.  Remember, friends are the family that you get to choose.  And count your blessings today.  Gratitude is one of the most important virtues you can cultivate.

3 comments:

Drumwaster said...

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." -- William Arthur Ward

Ragin' Dave said...

OK, I'm stealing that quote. That's awesome.

pp2 said...

Thanks for the daily stop, Brother. Keep the faith!