Monday, February 14, 2022

Good Luck, lady

 Don't get me wrong, I love the sentiment here.

Kristi Noem is putting out the welcome mat.

South Dakota’s favorite freedom-ringing governor has a message for Los Angeles deputies: “Come on over.”

As you may know, law enforcement officers in LaLa Land have recently found themselves under threat of canning.

I had South Dakota as one of my possibilities of a retirement home.  In the end, having the property in Idaho was the biggest factor of where to go.  But that's neither here nor there.

Even as far back as the 80's, Idaho was being flooded with Californians.  And while thousands have moved up there, quite a few have been through a winter up North and decided "Nah, fuck that, I'm going somewhere else."

Sorry, Arizona.

So Gov. Noem can put out the invitation all she wants.  I'm willing to bet a lot of those cops might take her up on it, but once they go through a South Dakota winter?  Yeah....  they're gonna change their minds pretty damn quickly.

Look, I am not a hot weather person.  I sweat like a whore in church when it gets above 80.  I know that I don't want to live in Florida or anywhere down south.  I know this because I've lived there.  And I've survived, but I didn't enjoy it.

Some folks can't live up north.  It is what it is.

2 comments:

Glypto Dropem said...

Having spent some quality time in South Dakota, I would move there in a heartbeat, if it was just up to me. The wife wants no part of it.

Anonymous said...

And people wonder why I live in the Frozen Freakin’ North. Lived in FL, TX, SC, NV, & CA; not one by choice. Keep the hot crap down there, I’ll keep my -40, thanks very much.