Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Trying something new

 So, I've been blogging here at ye ollde bloggage for um...  let me check, carry the one, ohholyshiteighteenyears.

That's a lot of mental stew tossed into the intertubes.  Some of it was good, most of it was dreck.  But it got me thinking.  I obviously love to write.  Why not actually try my hand at writing?  I don't know if my writing style here would actually translate to a novel, but what the hell.  With an added bonus that I can go back and spell-check what I write after I've actually had some coffee BEFORE IT'S PUBLISHED rather than going back into a post and correcting my spelling and grammar with a sheepish look on my face.

I'm thinking sci-fi.

No, I ain't planning on paying the bills with it.  I'd have to do independent publishing.  Do it me-self, as it were.  This is more of a vanity project than anything else.

I was totally not influenced by this post at Rural Revolution.  Not at all.  Completely not.  Nope.

3 comments:

p2 said...

Git after it....Ya just might pay the bills with it.

Francis W. Porretto said...

You're about to head into the Twilight Zone, my friend. It's a lot easier to write op-ed than decent fiction. I've been doing it since 1995 and I'm STILL not getting it quite right. Best of luck!

Ragin' Dave said...

Thanks. I highly doubt that it will be anywhere near as good as yours, but like I said this is more of a lark just to see if I can do it.