Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Most generals in the military don't make it past their first tour wearing stars.

 It's hard being a general in the Army.  Lot of rules.  Lots of things you're not supposed to do.  So when I see crap like this, I wonder how this douchebag made it through his first tour.

He also tweeted at the university where I am a student, Hillsdale College, and told them to “come get your boy” for questioning the military’s quarantine and lockdown policies. General Donahoe, apparently, thinks the private sector is just like the military, where criticism can be stopped, and careers ended, with a mere snap of the fingers. As the thread attracted more attention, one commenter asked the General “how many wars he’d won.” The General responded by accusing the questioner of “shilling for Putin.” When I asked if Putin was the reason America had lost in Afghanistan, the General blocked me.

Not a good look for MG Donahoe there, and certainly not a good look for the US Army.  Quite frankly, I'd hate to be stationed at Ft. Benning right now, given that this political hack cares more about pushing the narrative than actually helping the troops.

There's no way that Donahoe comes out of this looking good.  He might keep his job, but I certainly hope that Garrison Command takes a look and their boy there and makes a change.  The military doesn't need another public relations black eye, given that Gen Milley just showed how "woke" the Pentagon is.  However, my fear is that the entire leadership of the Army is converged, and that's why we're seeing this stupidity working it's way down the command chain.  The guys up top get to pick the guys down below.  Have I mentioned that I can't wait to retire?

No comments: