Tuesday, June 01, 2021

I'm back

 The Mrs. and I spent the past four days on our motorcycles.  1690 miles round trip.  Met with family.  Took the roads less taken, although on Memorial Day Weekend it was rather hard to tell that they were less taken, given that every person with an RV, jet ski, boat, or bike was out on the roads.

We scraped bugs off ourselves at every gas stop.  Here's a little shot of my leg after one stretch.


I have bug guts literally from the toe of my shoe up to mid thigh.  I'm going to have to take a chisel to my chaps in order to get them off.  Bugs have a smell to them when you have to clean them off your windshield en masse.  It's not a rank sort of smell, but it's not pleasant either.

The Mrs. and I charted out a trip that would let us just relax and have fun, which we haven't done in a while.  We rode around Lake Coeur d'Alene.  We took the Old Spiral Highway in Lewiston.  We went up Route 55, took the Banks-Lowman road, and went down Route 21 just North of Boise.  We rode next to scenes like this:


...for a goodly portion of the ride.  We smelled the pines in the air.  We just enjoyed ourselves.  

And now, back to the grindstone.

No comments: