Friday, February 21, 2020

GET OFF YOUR &^%(#@ PHONES!

Traffic was jacked up yesterday for miles.  We finally get past a point that has no meaning what so ever, and traffic clears up.  I manage to pass five or six cars that are clogging up the interstate.

They're all on their phones.  Texting.  Talking.  Doing something other than piloting their multi-ton vehicles.

GET OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONES, YOU PATHEIC SACKS OF SHIT!

It's bad enough that I'm surrounded by people who cannot drive on the best of days.  But to compound their idiocy by having mouth-breaking fucktards on their phones makes my blood boil.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I have noticed fewer peeps walking around with their faces planted in their "smart" phones. Which is good since I think that is a super sad sight.

My phone? I make an occasional phone call and use text when necessary usually about appointments and such (which I do like.) I sometimes go days without remembering to even turn it on.

Ragin' Dave said...

I think the thing that really pisses me off is that modern cars all have Bluetooth technology. There's absolutely no reason at all that you need to put your hand on your phone while you're driving.

I'm normally in uniform while I'm driving, so I can't say or do what I want to say or do. But when I'm in civilian clothing? I've actually honked at people (The way they swerve is delightful!) and then motioned for them to hang up their phone. I've gotten more than a few middle fingers, but fuck the fucking fuckers with a chainsaw. I'm sick of these self-absorbed, narcissistic sacks of mouth-breathing stupidity putting everybody else at risk just so they can have a phone up to their ear.

p2 said...

Keep fightin' the good fight, Brother! I've driven in SLC. I thought Squarebanks drivers were morons (after all, how do you flip a car into the median on flat, straight, dry pavement in daylight? Kinda tough to blame a moose when there isn't track one in the snow for miles either way) until I tried to drive I-15 there.

Ragin' Dave said...

I'm telling you, it's almost as bad as Los Angeles. Given the high number of Kalifornians who've moved from LA and SF to SLC, I shouldn't be shocked.