Monday, December 16, 2019

Washington Swamp Dwellers crying is good for America.

The Swamp Dwellers at the Bureau of Land Management won't be able to rub shoulders with lobbyists any more.  Bo-freaking-hoo.

Opponents of the Trump administration’s plan to break up the Washington, D.C., headquarters of the country’s public lands bureau are warning of a brain drain, saying many staffers who are being reassigned are opting to quit rather than move out West.
U.S. Interior Secretary David Bernhardt defended the move Friday.  
Opponents have projected that the number of Bureau of Land Management staffers agreeing to move from headquarters could be as low as 15%, which Bernhardt said was “not consistent with what I’ve seen.”
I just took an informal poll of every Active Duty servicemember I've ever served with, and they all told me that they don't give a shit what some sniveling little swamp-dwelling bitch thinks about moving.  They could lose every employee they have in the move, and I'd say the entire bureau would still be greatly improved.

You do not need the entire department of any US government agency consolidated in D.C.  In this day and age, I don't even need to be at my unit in order to do my job - I should know, as I've worked from home, from vacation, from other TDY trips, etc.  I can do my job from anywhere.  I'd prefer to do my job from the middle of an isolated mountain with an enclosed and heated cigar smoking area, but the Army hasn't seen fit to provide me with that yet. 

Still, the point remains that the only reason to keep all these people in Washington D.C. is to make sure they can rub elbows with all the right rich and politically connected people who they really answer to, instead of answering to we the People.  We Normal Americans, who are quite honestly sick of their bullshit.  I hope none of them make the move.  I hope it's a clean sweep and we get all new people from the heartland of America moving in to those jobs.  Let the Swamp Dwellers stay in the swamp and stab each other in the back for the reduced numbers of gummint jobs that remain.

1 comment:

Deserttrek said...

A brain drain at blm? Not a place known for brains to start with. The locals know the best way to manage land, not the home office. Have had many dealings with blm over the years out in the field, most were positive. They will be fine without Washington