Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The year of the single-stack?

Insty links to this article about how single-stack pistols are all the rage these days.

Had you asked me a couple of years ago, I would have been all manly-man grunting "Single Stack better be a 1911!  45 ACP all the way!  UG UG UG!"  But after living in the South for a period of time?  Holy moly, folks.  I can't even begin to explain the climate to those who haven't experienced it.  Wait, I can try:  Go into your local gym.  Go into the sauna.  Crank up the heat to at least 90 degrees.  Now dump water on to the rocks until the humidity is 90% or higher.  Do this in your work clothes.  Do this in casual clothing.  And then sit there for 24 hours and tell me just how concealable your pistol is.

My current carry pistol is the Ruger LC9s Pro, with an extra magazine.  That's a total of 15 rounds of hollowpoint 9mm goodness.  And most importantly, that little pistol disappears under a light shirt.  Remember, the name of the game is CONCEALED carry.  Once I move back up North, I'll carry my double-stack 9mm or my 1911 again, when clothing is bulky enough that nobody sees it.  But for right now?  Small pistol good. 

No comments: