Friday, March 29, 2019

Why Johnny can't Think

Way back in the Medieval times, when I was in high school, I commonly ran up against people who, in a debate, couldn't grasp basic facts.  This apparently wasn't too uncommon for a few folks.  If I were to posit that a tax on income resulted in people deliberately earning less in order to avoid said tax, I was told that I was an idiot, because nobody would do that.

Apparently, all of human nature doesn't count. 

I used to wonder about why so many kids in my school couldn't put figurative two and two together.  Now I know that was a deliberate action, by the Marxist left, to grow not a generation of citizens, but a generation of peasants who couldn't think on their own, and thus require the state to take care of them.  My saving grace was having parents who taught me on their own time, who removed any and all TVs from the house, and who demanded that I read the masters, both modern and ancient.

Today's kids?  Well, they're being taught by my classmates, most of whom are unfit to teach a boy how to take a piss in the woods.



When people say we can't vote our way out of this, they're right.  You can't debate someone who cannot grasp simple logic, and we have multiple generations of people in this country who have been taught NOT to think.

No comments: