Thursday, March 22, 2018

I agree with Kurt. Don't go to college

At least, not until you've gotten a couple years of actual life under your belt, and you can't be easily indoctrinated by the Marxist parasites.

Contemporary college is a scam, and if you fork over your money blindly you’re the mark. A quarter million and what do you get? A piece of paper that memorializes your indoctrination plus cirrhosis of the liver.
Hillsdale College excepted, of course. And I wish I could except the service academies too, but when West Point is knowingly commissioning open commies it’s clear that it’s chosen not to meaningfully differentiate itself from the civilian four year resorts. Well, that’s not quite right. At least after you graduate from one of the academies you will get a job – hell, it doesn’t seem the Army can even summon up the cojones to can Comrade Lieutenant yet. But you can’t say that for the rest of academia. Here’s your Feminist Theater Theory degree; welcome to funemployment! I guess being a barista with a $150K student loan debt is a kind of a career. 
Yes, I know there are jobs out there that require a degree.  But there's nothing that says you have to jump straight from high school into a Marxist Indoctrination Center to have your soul sucked out of your body before it's had a chance to grow.



2 comments:

Deserttrek said...

lots of good careers that pay college grad wages.
an electrical lineman in many states is straight timing high 5 figures and low to mid 6 with overtime.
welders, plumbers, cabinets etc

Mike Rowe is leading a charge to bring crafts back to the place where they should be

Ragin' Dave said...

Once I retire, I'm going to get as many certifications as I can in the skilled trades. Welding, HVAC, plumbing or electrical installation, any of them. And then I'm going to charge the Kalifornian invaders whatever the hell I want. "Oh, I see you have a degree in Feminist Studies from UCLA! How nice. My going rate is $100 and hour, plus parts."

Yes, I can be petty sometimes. You should know this.