Saturday, February 04, 2017

Changes

I was reading an article about the rise and fall of Pan-American Airlines, and the first photo they had up was this.



I know that beach.  That's Diamond Head in the back right, and that's Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, Oahu.

It looks like this today:


I've stayed there, when my father was assigned to Hawaii many moons ago.  But I look at the top photo, and then at what it is now, and I just kind of get a little sad.

There are still plenty of places in Hawaii that look like the former.  But chances are you'll never get to see them.  I know I won't.

2 comments:

p2 said...

one of the biggest reasons i wont go back....too many people crammed into too small a place. the stratocruiser in tge top picture is the civilian version of the venerable c-97. 28 cylinders per engine, 2 plugs per cylinder, took a while to do a plug change.. ive worked on dc-6's..they have 36 plugs in each engine...took about 6 hours to swap em out.....

Ragin' Dave said...

Sounds like it's still less complicated than figuring out what women want.