Monday, March 17, 2014

Saint Patrick's Day

Yes, he is a real Saint in the Catholic Church.  And yes I'm Irish on my Dad's side so we celebrate St. Paddy's day here in the Ragin' household.

I quartered an onion and set the pieces in our crockpot.  Then I put a corned beef on top of that onion.  Then I poured Guinness into the crockpot up to the bottom of the corned beef.  Put a lid on it, crank it up to high for about two hours, and then turn it to low for the rest of the time.

It's been cooking since last night.

It's going to be awesome.

The wife is going to make an appropriate potato, leek and bacon dish to go with it.  I'm a lucky man.

3 comments:

bbuddha said...

Sounds good, we just throw it all together in one pot. corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, onions and carrots. The leftovers will make the most amazing hash Yum.we

Rivrdog said...

Next time, slow-smoke that corned beef brisket. You'll be glad you did...

Ragin' Dave said...

We've done that, but I didn't have the time to get it done by lunch. So we crock-potted it for today, so that we could cook it overnight and get about 18 hours of heat on it..

The Ragin' Mrs. as about four more corned beefs sitting in the freezer waiting for the smoker treatment.