Saturday, November 30, 2013

Treading in the Inferno

I had to go to the mall yesterday.

I wasn't Christmas shopping.  I hate Black Friday.  But I needed new running shoes.  So into the bowels of hell I went.  Luckily, I didn't have to kill anyone.  I escaped relatively unscathed, although the sight of a monstrously fat woman in the food court chowing down on a plate of fries the approximate size of my torso will be seared, seared into my memory.

And hey, new shoes!  Now it won't hurt to run anymore.  My old shoes had given up the ghost about fifty miles ago, and my feet and legs were both telling me it was far past time to replace them.  But having to tread in the mall on Black Friday....  ugh.

How sad and pathetic is it, that we go from being thankful for what we have, to "GIMME GIMME GIMME I WANT I WANT I WANT NOW NOW NOW!" in less than 24 hours?

No comments: