Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Your tax dollars at work

$16 muffins.  Sixteen FUCKING DOLLAR muffins at the DoJ meeting in 2009.  $5 Swedish meatballs.  $32 per person snacks.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Here's a little info into my work life - part of my job is dealing with government contracts.  Part of my job, until recently thanks to a personnel change, was budgeting for those contracts.  I had to budget down to the friggin' dollar what was going to be spent on food and lodging for upwards of 60 - 180 people for multiple events.

If I had spent $16 on a fucking muffin, I would have been ripped to PIECES during my annual audit, and then I would have been held financially liable for each and every item that wasn't authorized.  I'm  not even allowed to buy COFFEE for the people at my events.  NO SNACKS.  NO REFRESHMENTS.  PERIOD.

You want to cut the government budget?  Let's start holding all these fucking bureaucratic pieces of shit to the same standards that they enforce on me.  No more $16 fucking muffins, that's for DAMN sure.

And you can also be sure that if this one event has come to light, it's been happening all over the place, multiple times.  Fucking government jackasses!  No wonder we're fucking broke! 

No comments: