Thursday, August 26, 2010

On the proposed EPA ban of lead ammunition

Which is, at it's core, a de-facto ban on all shooting; I've written my congresscritters, and I suggest you do the same.  Emails are great, yay emails, but nothing gets a reaction like signed, hard-copy letters flooding a desk.  Sebastian from Snowflakes in Hell has info and multiple links, to include the NSSF webpage detailing how the EPA is trying to push the ban.  The NSSF also has a sample letter to congresscritters that you can use, although I prefer to put my thoughts into my own words.

By the way, if you've never written a letter to your Congress Critters before, a good start is right here:  www.congress.org.  Put your ZIP code into the box on the upper-hand right, and it'll tell you exactly who your congresscritters are.  Click on their names, and it'll take you to their info pages.  There's a tab labeled "Contact" that has their State addresses and D.C. addresses.  Copy and paste those into whatever word processing program you use, and you're off to the races.

Did I just date myself with that whole "Word Processing" thing?  I think I did.  Ah well, deal with it.

No comments: