Wednesday, October 14, 2009

And yet again....

Why is Olympia Snowe a Republican?

OK, yes, yes, I know Reagan's old maxim of how anyone who votes with me 80% of the time is my friend. But look - if that 80% is how we all love kittens, or how war is bad, or how sunshine should be encouraged, but the 20% you don't vote the same happens to deal with the bedrock principals that your political party supports, there's an issue.

You can vote with me on how jazz music should be celebrated, or how sexy my wife is, and that's all just fluff. If you consistently vote against fiscal responsibility and for more government spending, if you consistently vote for MORE government interference in American's daily lives, if you consistently vote against the interests of the conservative base, then what good are you?

Snowe needs to follow Arlen Specter's example and just leave. The GOP doesn't need her.

No comments: