Monday, October 13, 2008

I wish that I could say

That I'm not like this guy who emailed Instapundit.

This is surely small of me, but if Obama wins, I plan on giving him as much of a chance as the Democrats gave George Bush. I will gleefully forward every paranoid anti-Obama rumor that I see, along with YouTube footage of his verbal missteps. I will laugh and email heinous anti-Obama photoshop jobs, and maybe even learn photoshop myself to create some. I'll buy anti-Obama books, and maybe even a "Not My President" t-shirt. I'm sure that the mainstream bookstores won't carry them, but I'll be on the lookout for anti-Obama calendars and stuff like that. I will not wish America harm, and if the country is hurt (economically, militarily, or diplomatically) I will truly mourn. But i will also take some solace that it occurred under Obama's watch, and will find every reason to blame him personally and fan the flames.

But you know what? I am like that guy. I used to be able to have a conversation about politics with people who have different views. Right now I can think of one person who I'm still able to speak to about politics that isn't in convergence with my viewpoint.

I don't remember who first named me "Raging Dave", but it was back on Right-Thinking from the Left Coast. I had finally had enough. Enough of people calling me a Nazi, reTHUGlican, brownshirt, jackbooted goose-stepping myrmidon, whatever. I had enough of people who refused to deal with logic in any form and went straight for the personal destruction. You want to have your life changed? Have someone call you a baby-killer for your military service. If I supported the war but hadn't served, I was a chickenhawk. If I supported the war and I was in the military, I was a blood-thirsty murderer. I had an idiot email me about that, which I posed about here.

I want folks to go read that post. THAT is what we're up against. THAT is what we're dealing with. Total lunacy. Unhinged hatred, seething in a cauldron of toxic insanity.

So no, I'm not going to be nice if McCain loses. I may end up putting a billboard on my roof, shouting Obama's failures to the world. I don't really care at this point. Obama in the Oval Office would be tantamount to putting a temper-tantrum throwing toddler at the helm. A pants-shitting, red in the face screaming three-year old in damn near every sense of the word. THAT is who would be in control.

And I won't give him the respect I give a crack-whore. Because he's lower than a crack-whore.

So I know exactly where Instapundit's emailer is coming from. I know what he's feeling. And I'm right on board with him.

No comments: