Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not That I'd Ever Encourage Such Irresponsible Behavior

Utah students hide guns, head to class

Nick says his gun doesn't make him feel immune from attack. "But I feel that I will be able to protect myself, and I'm confident in my training and my ability," he said.
Or....
His confidence is not shared by fellow student Griselda Espinoza, who recently transferred to the university. Some 28,000 students attend the school, as of the latest enrollment figures.

"I feel less safe knowing that a stranger sitting beside me in class may have a gun in his or her backpack," she said.

"The only people that should carry guns are trained officials."
Uhmmm, yeah. Those highly trained campus police. In a car, on the other side of campus. Who will be there in under five minutes.

A lot can happen in five minutes.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: