Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What do you do when someone is shooting at you?

Well, if you're me, and you have access to a firearm, you shoot back.

Too bad much of France seems to be disarmed. Much like I am at the moment, thanks to the hellhole I like to call Puerto Rico. But still, don't the cops over there have weapons?

On Monday night, youths were seen firing buckshot at police and reporters. About 30 of 82 injured officers were hit by buckshot, Ribeiro told The Associated Press. Rioters also hurled stones and Molotov cocktails at police, authorities said.

Police made six arrests, authorities said.

Snipers. Lots of them. With orders to shoot to kill anyone seen firing at the police, burning cars, or committing assault. Sound harsh? It probably is, but maybe once the first ten or twenty rioters are gunned down people wouldn't be in such a rush to riot. Add in the fact that this is a repeat of last year, and my sympathy for the rioters drops to sub-atomic levels. Toss in the fact that this year's riot started because two brain-dead assholes (of undetermined ethnic origin, if you read the papers) ran a red light on a scooter and t-boned a police car, thus causing the death of the two idiots.....

Yeah. I really don't give two hoots about the rioters. They can live or die for all I care. Actually, I take that back. I do care if they live, because that means they'll just be causing problems in the future. I would much prefer to see them removed from the gene pool.

OK, now THAT was harsh. But true.

No comments: