Tuesday, December 26, 2006

OOPS

Belated Merry Christmas to all of my readers (You ten people know who you are). So, what did ya get?

The Raging Mrs. (who shall currently be known as She who must be worshipped at all possible moments), having witnessed my flailing around at the local golf course with rented clubs, saw fit to buy me my own set.

Hot diggity!

There was also several other golf related items, but the clubs were the main thing. I can now go play golf without having to use a set that someone else has beat the heck out of. Plus, since I no longer have to pay rental fees, and only have to pay the green fee, that means I can go golfing even more! WOO HOO! There are few advantages to living in PR. Being able to golf year round is one of them. I have a free day tomorrow, so I might just go out and hit the links. Or at least the driving range, cash being a bit tight right now.

I in turn got her several things that she's been wanting for some time but couldn't justify spending the money on. I have no problem justifying the expense. She now has her own set of clubs, (the family that plays together stays together), as well as jewelry, and other sundry items.

The holiday dinner was spectacular as always. We cooked up a home-cured and smoked ham, as well as a duck stuffed with a garlic cranberry stuffing. The neighbors roasted a turkey that was unbelievably tender. There was home-baked bread, mashed potatoes, veggies, fresh pastries and cookies, pies, more food than you could shake a stick at. I had to be rolled into my house because I ate too much to be able to walk.

Singing in the church choir was rather busy this year, since we had the regular Sunday Mass, then Midnight Mass that evening, and Christmas Day Mass on Monday Morning. Perhaps in a larger parish I would be able to cut down on the number of masses I had to sing at, but when the church choir consists of me, my wife, and whoever else we can beg to join us, yer kinda stuck, yaknow? And it wouldn't be Christmas without the carols and hymns that are sung. Besides, if my soon-to-retire chaplain can do all the masses (plus others off post!) then the least I can do is show up and sing.

Didn't get much sleep though. Ah well. I can sleep when I'm dead.

On the "bad news" note, my laptop has decided that it no longer enjoys working, and has crapped out on me. After chatting with the manufacturer, the diagnosis is that it's a memory problem coupled with a malfunctioning motherboard which probably caused the memory problem to begin with. So in a few days it's going to be shipped back to the manufacturer for refurbishing, after which I'll get it back in an unspecified amount of time. I say unspecified because we are dealing with the mail service in Puerto Rico, which seemingly keeps it's own schedule, and moves somewhat slower than a sedated three-toed sloth. I have no doubt that the computer will get repaired in a timely manner once it gets to where it needs to go. It's the transit times in between that worry me. So I can't guarantee any real blogging unless I'm at work or I can steal my wife's computer when her back is turned.

Anyways, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: