Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's kinda hard

to get into the Christmas Spirit when it's 80+ degrees outside and there's nary a flake of snow to be found, unless you go into the ghetto and check out the local coke pusher.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "Bah, Humbug". I've only had one time where it just didn't feel like Christmas, and that was when I was in Korea pulling 12 hour midnight shifts for a couple of weeks straight.

Oh, we've got the lights up, and presents under the tree, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas, ya know?

Oh, there are a lot of things missing down here. Christmas carols, for one. Hell, I couldn't even get the chapel choir to practice Christmas songs. For that matter, I can't get them to practice much at all. The colors I'm used to seeing around Christmas time just aren't there. Of course, no snow. Kinda hard to get snow down in the tropics. There's just too much missing for me to get into the real Christmas spirit. The Raging Mrs. is having the same problem.

Ah well. I hope that all of you are having a wonderful Christmas, even those of you who don't celebrate it. Just enjoy being with your family and friends.

No comments: