Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'd like to be surprised....

Really, I would. But I'm not.

IDF forces from the Golani Brigade blasted open a Hizbullah bunker overnight Saturday some 400 meters from the security fence near Rosh Hanikra, it was reported on Sunday. The bunker was discovered a mere stone's throw from a UN post.

According to Lt.-Col. Jassem Elian, a senior officer in the Golani Brigade, "Hizbullah dug a 40-meter by two-kilometer pit, in which they built dozens of outposts."

Elian added that the bunker had "shooting positions of poured concrete," and that the combat posts inside were equipped with phone lines, showers, toilets, air ducts, and emergency exits, as well as logistical paraphernalia for Hizbullah.


Note my emphasis. Tell me, did UNIFIL happen to be away for a day while Hizbullah POURED CONCRETE FIGHTING POSITIONS????

Is there any reason what so ever to keep this farce with the UN running? Nope.

No comments: