Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Linky Love!

Time to spread some love around through the blogosphere! (Not like that, you pervert! Get that thought out of your head! I'm married!)

DANEgerus has a whole host of links that you should peruse when you can, including China's latest threats of war against Taiwan, more news on Hezbollah in Syria, and an interesting bit of history on the CSS Virginia (formerly the USS Merrimac).

Captain Ed of Captain's Quarters has three different posts on John McCain. Mr. Clean?, Screaming Hypocrisy: NYT, and Revisiting the Keating 5. A couple of things have made me start taking a look at McCain in a different light. The very first thing was the claims that Bush had attacked McCain's patriotism in the 2000 election. That was flat out BS, but those claims didn't come from McCain's lips, so I ignored them for the most part.

Then came McCain-Feingold.

Anything that limits the 1st Amendment cannot be a good thing. But I still kept mostly silent, for the reason that I didn't have what I thought was a good enough understanding of the legislation to open my yap. But now finding out that bloggers could be up on the chopping block was the last damn straw. I dove into publications and explinations, finding out everything that I could on McCain-Feingold and the people assocciated with it.

And what I found out is that McCain isn't nearly the conservative he wants people to think he is. In fact, he's pretty damn dirty. The Republican party would do well to dump him like a bad habit. Follow the links to see what I mean.

(I don't actually think that the Republicans will dump McCain, because like all politicians, their primary focus is gaining and retaining power, and McCain gives them that. But they SHOULD dump him, for the good of the party and this country.)

And last but not least, Kim du Toit has dug up the history on Bush's appointment to the UN, John Bolton. Short short version? Hoo-fucking-rah!

Anywho, back to work. Go read and enjoy!

No comments: