Sunday, March 06, 2005

Democracy in Lebanon

I've been surfing a few blogs, trying to get caught up, and I notice all the good news about Lebanon.

Kick ass!

Seriously, I don't know who's been putting all the hot Lebanese chicks waving flags on all the news photos, but they need to keep it up!

In all seriousness, I think that while developments are good, we need to just keep one thing in mind: It ain't over yet, and it ain't gonna be easy. Just as there is much work left to be done in Iraq, if Lebanon manages to kick Syria out there won't be elections overnight. It will be a start, and a damn good start at that, but there will be much work to be done.

I'm not trying to downplay the events, just warning people to not be overly flighty about the current events. Nothing happens on it's own; sometimes you have to keep watch and give it a nudge every now and then.

No comments: