Monday, July 12, 2004

Giving up

That's it. I'm giving up. Throwing in the towel. I can no longer continue this charade. I have to just stand tall and admit the obvious truth.

My Mariners are finished.

Freddie Garcia? Gone, and just signed a big fat contract with the White Sox. They just unloaded Rich Aurelia. Edgar Martinez is past his prime and no longer scares the living daylights out of opposing pitchers. John Olerude has lost the pep in his bat, and Brett Boone seems to flail away without hitting anything other than air. Randy Winn's arm is exposed as lacking, and Scott Spezio seems to spend as much time on the DL as he does at third base.

They're bringing up rookies from Tacoma and letting them play, and you just KNOW that it's because those kids will be the starters next year. But this year?

My beloved M's are done. Stick a fork in 'em. They're toast. They've gone from the top to the bottom in less than a year.

Blah.

Hey, spring training for my Seahawks starts soon, doesn't it?

No comments: