Sunday, May 09, 2004

RCOB (warning: Offensive post!)

Red. Curtain. Of. Blood.

Lawsuits may be the only way to force U.S. foodmakers to produce healthier foods or curb ads that encourage over-eating, speakers at an obesity conference said on Thursday.

Two-thirds of adult Americans are overweight or obese. Poor diet and inactivity is now the No. 2 cause of preventable death, killing about 400,000 Americans each year, the government says. Fifteen percent of U.S. children are overweight.


Cover yer ears, folks. Cause Daddy's about to yell some really bad words.

You fat fucks can eat shit and die, for all I care. You want to lose weight? Get off your fat lazy asses and go for a jog. Do some push-ups and sit-ups. PUT THE FUCKING FORK DOWN! But DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, file a lawsuit against a company who's only fault was allowing you to stuff your fat fucking lazy piehole with whatever you fucking wanted to shovel down your bloated gullet!

Some speakers at an annual Consumer Federation of America conference on food and nutrition lamented that restaurant menus did not carry calorie counts and there were no restrictions on aiming advertisements for sugar-rich food at children or minimum-nutrition standards for childrens' food.

"Oh it's so horrible how restaurants are forcing people to actually make a decision on what to eat! Why can't restaurants just treat our clients like the droning little sheeple that they are and make the healthy choices for them?" FUCK OFF AND DIE, YOU SNOTTY FAT SACK OF SHIT! Gee, you mean you might actually have to use a little willpower when you sit down to eat? BOO FUCKING HOO!

"Trial lawyers and (state) attorneys general can be extremely helpful," said Michael Jacobson, head of the consumer group Center for Science in the Public Interest, by "filing innovative suits" that prompt foodmakers to produce healthier foods.

People choosing a salad instead of a deep-fat fried Twinkie would be even MORE helpful, you stupid fuck! This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard! There is more low-fat or no-fat foods in the supermarket or restaurants than I can count! Lo-fat, no-fat, lo-carb, no-carb, this diet or that diet, the choices out there are unbelievable! The type of food isn't the problem, it's the fucking behemoths who refuse to put down the fucking fork that's the problem! LAWSUITS WON'T FIX THAT!

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone here, but let me make myself clear - your weight is the result of your choices! In all my life, I have met one, ONE person with a thyroid problem, and it was obvious that it was her thyroid causing the weight issues! Every other sob story that I've heard about "Oh, I just can't seem to take the weight off!" was accompanied by copious amounts of crap food! "Gee, I don't eat much, why can't I lose weight?" Maybe that case of beer EVERY NIGHT might have something to do with it? Hmmmm? Maybe? My love-handles are because I eat well and don't exercise as much as I should, not because of any company that I buy food from!

The more I hear about these lawsuits, the more I'm convinced that people will sue for just about anything so long as A) they can avoid the responsibility for their own fucked-up lives, and B) they can make money. And it's really pissing me off.

Y'all can thank Mollbot for showing me to that little news story!

No comments: