Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Haloscan and Honey Buckets

What's the connection? Well, it seems like HaloScan is in the crapper every time I turn around. Rather hard to add a comment when you get a blank window every time.

Meh. Maybe they've been hit hard by the newest virus or worm. Death to all virus creators!

Anyways, there's some contruction going on at my place of employment, and the obligitory Port-o-John arrived today. I'm not complaining, but it just reminded me of a gripe that I had when I was stationed at Ft. Riley.

We'd go to the field for a training excersize, and one of the first things you do would be to camo up your area. Trucks, tents, trailers, everything covered in camo netting and hidden from view. By the time you were done, you couldn't see jack squat. So now that the tent is hidden, your truck is hidden, your camp is hidden, what's the one thing that people see? A big, blue Jonny-on-the-Spot, right in the middle of your camp!

Now when I was in Korea, you grabbed your E-Tool, dug a cathole, and did your business. Cover it up, toss some vegetation around, and nobody knows you were there. What the hell is up with the Port-o-John? How the hell were people going to practice field sanitation? If I had not have gone to Korea before I got to Ft. Riley, I would have been one screwed up troop! As it was, the training I recieved in the 2ID was more than some of the Sargeants at Ft. Riley had ever gotten!

It seems that I have some bad memories attached to just about everything in daily life, and most of them come from my time spent at Ft. Riley. I wonder if that means anything......

No comments: