Sunday, March 28, 2004

Soooooooooo Good.

I smoked a cigar last night that was made in November of 1999. How do I know? Because the date was stamped, along with the signatures of the three people involved in making that cigar, on the top of the box that the cigar came in.

Fine cigars get better with age, much like good wine or brandy. So this cigar was four years and four months old. I could probably describe it in flowery prose, but I couldn't do it justice. I have had very few cigars that were as good as this one. In fact, the last time I had a cigar this good was when dad pulled out two Cohibas over Christmas vacation. And I have twenty-four more of these puppies sitting in my humidor, just waiting for me. I'll be sending a few to my dad this week.

I cannot stress this enough - if you like good cigars, jump on this deal right now. They're a short, fat cigar, taking about 15 to 25 minutes to smoke. They might not look like the stogies that Ah-nuld chomps on, but you will not find a better smoke for the price.

I found this company through Captain Jim's recomendation, so if you order any cigars make sure you mention his blog as well. He's also got a whole list of cigar links for people to peruse. Besides, y'all were going to head on over there and welcome Jim back to the internet, right? (For those who don't know, a while back Jim's cat made sure that a can of Dr. Pepper landed on his laptop's keyboard. Ouch. But he's up and running again.)

No comments: