Monday, January 19, 2004

Weekend Update

Hit the Puget Sound Bloggers Meet, Greet and Shoot on Saturday, and had a ball. Myself, Ari, Analog Kid (who's site is down right now), Mollbot, SondraK and her husband Joe, dogtulosba, and a few others all showed up for the range, although Ari and I didn't make it to the breakfast. I spent about five hours there, putting rounds downrange. My ammo supply is properly reduced. I also figured out that I need a beavertail grip safety on my new pistol, but I'm working on that.

(Side note to prospective thieves: Just because my RANGE supply is low, do not make the mistake of thinking that my HOME PROTECTION supply is low. Thank you.)

In any case, it was great getting to meet new people. And once again, I'll put out the offer; anyone who wants to learn how to shoot, or re-acquaint themselves with shooting, let me know. I'll take you to the range, let you borrow my guns, let you use my ammunition, and get you started.

I also used the smoker again this weekend. This time we did smoked cheeses. Three pounds of medium cheddar, and a pound and a half of mozzarella. I cut up half the mozzarella and rolled it in Italian herbs before I smoked it. All of it came out pretty damn well, although the herbed cheese would go better on a sandwich than anything else.

All in all, I'd say we had a kick-ass weekend. Time to meet the daily grind once again!

No comments: