Monday, January 19, 2004



John Rhys-Davies speaks out again, and again it's worth reading and listening to.

I BELIEVE in racial equality not racial discrimination. All I was commenting on was that there are cultural changes taking place in Europe that I consider to be unacceptable.

The fact that a minister of the French government has to fly to Cairo to talk with one of the religious heads in one of the mosques to get his approval for a ban on headscarves can be seen in two ways.

One, is how wonderfully culturally sensitive. The other, it seems to give an authority to a wholly unelected figure well outside Europe's jurisdiction.


Gee, ya think? There's this great taboo in America, where it's unacceptable to say anything negative about other cultures. It's not PC. It's not "culturally sensitive". Well guess what, folks: I consider killing gays because of their sexual preference pretty damn barbaric. I consider stoning women to death because they talk to a man who's not a relative damn barbaric as well. Flogging women to death because they accidentally showed an ankle isn't civilized, it's BARBARIC!

Most societies can benefit from a good stirring of genes, but most cultures are tolerant of each other. I do not see Buddhists throwing bombs into Christian churches, I do not see Christians blowing up Hindu temples, I do not see those sorts of challenges.

My, how unsensitive of you, Mr. Rhys-Davies! Heaven forbid that you should actually point a finger at a certain group of people who are committing murder world-wide! That's just not done!

I do not want to see a society where, should I ever have any, my granddaughters have their fingernails pulled out because they are wearing nail varnish.

How about clitorectomies, or other forms of female genital mutilation? Is it taboo to call that barbaric? I mean, if NOW is going to scream and cry about the supposed "glass ceiling" in America, why aren't they crying about the tragedy that women in Africa go through every day? Oh, right, it's just part of a different culture, so in their minds, it's OK.

Y'know, slavery is part of the culture in Sudan, does that make it OK? Killing Christians and Jews is part of the culture in many Middle East countries, is that OK?

Rhys-Davies nails it. This kow-towing to other cultures, this moral relativism, this false idea that everything is equal is a crock of steaming bullshit, and anyone with half a brain should be able to see it.

Hit tip to Instapundit.

No comments: